- Schindelhauer Bikes Gustav is a modern urban bike with elegant design and robust build made up of high-quality Aluminium.
- The product boasts of latest wheel and brake system; The Shimano DH T4050 hub dynamo wheels and are the Shimano MT200 disc brakes 160 mm.
- It is available in 2 gear system, the SRAM Automatix 2-speed gears and the Shimano Nexus 8-speed gear box.
One of the few of modern and elegantly designed, everyday work bike, the Gustav is the next thing in this category of bikes. It is an all-rounder making lives easier, one day at a time. It also contains a utility rack in front for carrying things strapped onto it.
he bike is designed keeping commute in urban space in mind. The wheel frame and handles are uniquely designed to make the experience of riding Gustav comfortable and effortless. The bike is customizable in terms of choosing the right gear system (automatic transition and internal gear system) for your needs.
The Gustav is coming of age urban bike with a lot of positive prospects. The bike is equipped with a variety of features from the best in class braking and wheel system to automatic and manual gear boxes. It supposedly performs well on a day to day basis and has a appropriate price range. It is sure to gain praise and liking from biking amateurs and professionals alike. The adaptable strap based front rack is win-win for bikers and office goers. Overall, the bike seems to be on point, delivering what it promises.
Problem solving by this product
All amateurs, environment friendly people looking for a dynamic bike that can be their everyday vehicle to work, the Gustav is the answer to all your worries. The bike is loaded with all necessary requirements along with a bag of exciting features. From the front carry rack to the latest wheel system, the product embodies the spirit of modernity, elegance and getting work done at all cost while ensuring comfort to the rider. It is well built with the strongest substances and alloys for delivering uninterrupted robust performance. Overall, this minimalist bike covers all necessary ground to be a useful product.
The urban bike, Gustav has a slew of features that extinguish it from the other bikes in the market. From brakes to tires to the well-designed handle, it is built for increasing productivity and use case for everyday travel. The eccentric design pattern is a sure eye catcher and minimalist in nature; hence it can be used in variety of settings from school to work. Let’s have a look at some of its features:
1. Frame and built: Gustav is made up of Aluminium officially marked as AL6061-T6 with triple butted aero tubing, forged dropouts with slider-belt-tensioning-system and Schindelhauer belt port and points for frame mounted front rack. The Aluminium reinforces strength and stability to the bike while also providing matte finish look.
2. Brakes: the new version has an upgraded set of brakes which are the Shimano MT200 disc brakes 160 mm. These are high quality hydraulic breaks ensuring safe breaking experience.
3. Lighting: The bike is equipped with two lights, both front and rear. The lights are the famous Busch and Muller Lumotec Eyc N Plus.
4. Wheels: It has the Shimano DH T4050 hub dynamo wheels with DP23 27 5-inch rims with SAPIM spokes. The wheels are a perfect complement for the brakes from the same company. Moreover. The bike pedals are made up of nylon, for that lasting grip.
5. Gear Box: Consumer can choose from the two gear systems available for this bike, one being the SRAM Automatix 2-speed gears and the Shimano Nexus 8-speed gear box.
6. The key bike components like the stem, the handlebar, saddle and grips are all manufactured by Schindelhauer in house which ensures perfect fit and quality.
7. Additional Features: The bike is equipped and fitted with Pletscher Twin stand; bottle cage mounting is also possible. Moreover, a child seat can be attached onto the seat tube is possible. Installing a bicycle trailer onto the rear axle is possible but will require a hub hitch adapter.
8. Accessories: The bike also has a set of accessories that can enhance its usability and utility a notch. The VarioStraps-Set can be used for strapping the things in the front rack. The Rear rack adapter for Gustav and the Folding box are the other suitable accessories.
The bike is available in the following sizes: Small, Medium and large.
Payload Capacity: 15 kg on front rack
Front rack surface area: 35 cm x 26 cm x 20 cm (W x D x H)
Colour: 2 colours; mineral grey and deep-sea blue.
Variants: 2 speed version 2019, 8 speed version 2019 & 2020
Plan for launch
The Gustav was first launched in the year 2019 and it has been upgraded for the year 2020. The new version has upgrades in brakes, mudguards and lighting.
The bike is priced at 1.150,00 € inclusive of 19% VAT. It can be bought on the official company website. You can read in detail about Gustav here: https://www.schindelhauerbikes.com/en/Bikes/Gustav.html
Founded at the Otto Von Guericke University of Magdeburg in the year 2009, the company moved the headquarter to Berlin in 2012. Martin Schellhase, Jörg Schindelhauer, Manuel Holstein and Stephan Zehren are the founding members of the company. With a long history of engineering expertise, the company has been able to transfer the advantages of the carbon drive technology onto the bike, leveraging all the disadvantages of a chain drive: it requires no grease, is low-maintenance, quiet and lasts twice as long as chains.
In 2019, the tenth anniversary year, Schindelhauer took a big step in a new direction and introduced four new models with electric motors. The company want to design robust, high-quality and low-maintenance bikes – with the typical, functional and clean Schindelhauer design.
Keep yourself updated with the latest gadget news! Join our Facebook, Follow our Twitter for regular updates.