nnovox Inc. is launching a much-required product for MacBook users, a USB-C hub for MacBook Pro 13’. Now forget all your worries about your hub or adapter falling out of place or forgetting to take them or wear and tear of your USB port. HubCase is the solution to all these issues. It is a two-in-one USB-C hub and protective magnesium case for MacBook Pro 13’. It contains ports covering all of your working scenarios, including Type-C ports, HDMI ports, USB-3.0 ports, SD ports and Micro-SD ports. They can be used for connecting all types of devices including USB flask disk, keyboard, mouse, printer, card reader, graphic tablet, projector, etc. And the best part is that you can get all this just by adding half an inch to the length of your laptop.
Using the HubCase instead of conventional cables has several benefits as mentioned below:
- Your hub won’t be left hanging: A serious issue with USB-C hub is that is keeps hanging when you use your laptop sitting on bed or sofa without a table or on a bus or car ride, causing damage to the USB over time. HubCase provides a steady attachable USB Hub that doesn’t wobble, thus preventing damage to your device.
- You won’t forget to take it: You just attach it with your laptop and leave it like it’s always there. So, there is no risk of forgetting to take it or being snapped, etc.
- It is compatible with your headphone ports: HubCase provides you with the best user experience. Another example of that could be its great compatibility with different sizes of headphone ports. It is placed on the left side of your MacBook Pro so that the headphone jack is kept easily available for the users.
- It provides great strength and elegance: It is a great example of combination of both functionality as well as strength and elegance. The device is made keeping in mind the elegance of laptop’s shell as well as the users’ desire for a beautiful design. HubCase is made with a full industrial-grade Magnesium AZ91D metal body that matches elegance with extreme strength ensuring protection from scratches.
- It provides a cheaper and better solution: The ports of MacBook Pro eventually have extensive wear and tear caused due to the use of hanging connectors. Thus, there comes a need for replacing the motherboard which is quite expensive. You can get a HubCase at a fraction of the price of a motherboard and get reduced wear on your MacBook Pro’s ports.
- Magnesium doesn’t make your laptop heavier: Using Magnesium AZ91D for making the hub makes it a very light weight protective shell for your laptop, without compromising with the strength.
HubCase incorporates the following ports:
- USB-C (Type-C) Thunderbolt 3 Port (x1) – DRP/DRD capabilities; DRP PD @ 60W (Capable 100W)
- USB-C (Type-C) Port (x1) – USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Read & Write up to 5Gbps)
- USB-A Port (x2) – DRP/DRD USB 3.2 Gen1 (Read & Write up to 5Gbps), BC 1.2 compliant (Max 1.5A)
- HDMI-A Port (x1) – HDMI 1.4 (4k Full Frame @ 24Hz, 4k UHD @ 24, 25, 30 Hz, 1080p @ 120Hz, audio pass through, supports sYCC601, Adobe RGB, Adobe YCC601)
- SD & MMC Port (x1) – SD/SDHC/SDXC (100 Mb/s Read & Write), RS-MMC/MMC Micro Support
- Micro SD Port (x1) – Micro SD, Micro SDHC, Micro SDXC (100 Mb/s read & write)
- Materials used in the manufacturing of the product: Magnesium Alloy AZ91D – for protection case, Aluminium Alloy 6063 – for sheet cap of USB-C Hub
- Dimensions of the product: They have a height of 34.29 cm (13.5 in), width of 21.59 cm (8.5 in) and length of 1.59 cm (0.6 in).
- Weight of the product: They weight 286 gm or 0.63 lbs.
- Available Colors: They are available in 2 colors namely:Grey/Silver.
- Applicable Models: Currently, they are available for MacBook Pro 13 (including A1706, A1989, A2159). Later, HubCase for MacBook pro 15 will be launched as well.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Launch of the product: The product will be launched by Innovox Inc. At Kickstarter.com, you can even get an early bird offer where you can get a HubCase for $89 or a dual pack of HubCase for $179.
Innovox Inc. is a technology company based in Castro Valley, California, United States whose mission is to make human interactions with technology seamless with creativity, imagination, and ingenuity.