- Hover 2 drone is one of the most innovative products of recent times.
- Hover 2’s primary goal was to achieve self-flying ability.
- Hover 2’s one feature is the proprietary Obstacle Avoidance technology that designs the flight path.
The drone market is becoming increasingly competitive. It was not until a few years ago; a few firms dominated the industry. Now there is a multitude of companies who offer all sorts of drones. If you need to survive in this industry, then your product must have a competitive edge. We have found a company with a product that will blow your mind.
When you think of drones, the first thing that comes to your mind is an aircraft with a camera and a remote controller. That is the standard accepted model. However, there is a company that has made rapid strides in designing something truly spectacular. This company is ZeroZero Robotics, and the product they have conceived is Hover 2 Self-Flying 4K Drone.
As you can see in the name itself, it is a self-flying drone. That’s, right. After two years of rigorous research and development, the company has come out with such a ground-breaking device. It used AI-powered mechanisms to design its flight path without any external help. This might sound like something out of a science fiction movie, but this is here and now. And you can also get one if you want. Impressed already, then don’t stop, keep reading as we reveal more details about this great drone.
Hover 2 drone is one of the most innovative products of recent times. There is no other device like it in the market. It doesn’t compete with the current drones directly, but it offers a whole new dimension to customers. Where most drones focus on speed and range, Hover 2’s primary goal was to achieve self-flying ability. Researchers spent two years finding the best solution that works for this device.
This drone is loaded with countless features, most of which are unique to this. One of these features is the proprietary Obstacle Avoidance technology that designs the flight path of Hover 2. Other specifications include a brilliant camera that records 4k videos and has a field of view of 77°±3°. Also, it has a pretty impressive range of 7 km.
The drone uses a 4500 mAh battery to power itself.
Problem-solving by the product
If you are a regular drone user, then you must’ve wished that the drone could fly itself. Everyone has done it at some point in their lives. There are times when you want the drone to function on its own while you enjoy the natural beauty.
Well, this drone is designed for precisely that purpose. Now you have a drone that does not need any external help. Some of the features seem surreal, like the omnifollow, which keeps you in the frame from any angle.
Another brilliant feature is the Trackshots, which uses classic film techniques to give you stunning movie-like videos.
Hover 2 is not the fastest or the strongest, but it is undoubtedly the most innovative. If you are looking for a drone that does much more than flying at supersonic speeds, then Hover 2 is the best option for you.
Here are the exact specifications for you.
• Dimensions when folded – 220.6 X 148.26 X 72.38 mm
• Weight – 730 g
• Operational Frequency：2.4 GHz
• Maximum Hovering Time – Up to 50 min
• Obstacle Avoidance – Maximum obstacle avoidance speed: 7 m/s
• Maximum Wind Scale Resistance – Scale 5 (10 m/s)
• Operational Temperature – 0 degrees to – 40 degrees
• GNSS – GPS + GLONASS
• Internal Storage – 8 GB internal, microSD Card: 256 GB
• Stabilization – 3-axis gimbal
• User Control Range (Pitch) – -90°~0°
• Lens – Field of View – 77°±3°;
• Focal Length – 28 mm; f/2.2
• Sensor specs – 1/2.3″ CMOS; Effective Pixels: 12 MP
• Image Size – 4000 X 3000 pixels
• Still Photography Modes – Single Shot; Self-Timer Shooting Burst Shooting
• Video Resolution – 4K: 3840 × 2160 @ 30 fps 2.7K: 2720 × 1530 @ 30/60 fps 720p: 1280 × 720 @ 30/60/120 fps 1080p: 1920 × 1080 @ 30/60/120 fps
• Photo Format – JPEG; RAW (DNG); RAW+JPEG
• Video Format – MP4
• Max Control Distance – 7000 m
• Battery Time – 2.5 hours
• Output – 17.6 V – 3 A; 5 V – 2 A
• Power – ~ 56 W
• Charger Input – 100 Volg-240 Volt, 50 Hz – 60 Hz
• Capacity – 4500 mAh
• Voltage – 15.4 V
• Energy – 69.3 Wh
• Weight – 329 g
• Operating Temperature – 0 degrees to – 40 degrees
Plan for Launch
As of now, the Hover 2 Self-Flying 4K Drone is up for a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. The company raised over 1 million dollars from more than 1800 backers. You also have a chance to back the product and get a copy for yourself. You can pledge as little as 400 dollars which is nearly 40 % less than the retail price according to the company. ZeroZero is still comprehending the appropriate dates for a full-fledged launch. The drone market is proliferating, and many big players are making strong entries. They have already started shipping to first backers; now the time is for a full-scale launch before the market gets saturated.
About the company
Hover 2 is a product released by the company ZeroZero Robotics. The company was founded in 2014 by Stanford alumni MQ Wang and Tony Zhang. Both of them focused on creating AI-inspired products that would provide innovative solutions. Their best product till now is the Hover 2 self-flying drone. Another one of their brilliant products is the V-Coptr Falcon. It is the world’s first consumer bicopter with a proprietary flight control technology and V-shaped multi-patented dual rotor propulsion system.
They have a team of world-class engineers, designers and programmer who hail from some of the top universities of the world. Their visionary mindset has garnered them investments from IDG, ZhenFund and many Chinese investors.