- The Glamos is the only LIDAR device in the market which despite being tiny in size projects up to a 3ft radius.
- The Glamos device can be used to project the touchscreen anywhere without any restrictions placed on its functioning ability.
- The Glamos promises to be the only LIDAR device in the market that draws the minimum possible power.
A new generation human interface device is in the market by Glamos CoreDAR which creates a virtual touchscreen anywhere. Now, you can just plug in this device to turn your screen interactive in a jiffy. It works as a projector which catches your actions and performs the related function. The Glamos uses the LIDAR technology to turn your normal display screen fully interactive touch screen. It is a product which can increase the efficiency of your old screens and devices by a notch and give an interesting flavour to the boring screens.
Problem Solved By This Product
By turning any screen or surface into a fully functional and interactive touchscreen, The Glamos makes an effort to ease your lives with providing for the ease of human interaction. We all know that touchscreens are often easy to operate and provide a sense of understanding as users can interact directly with the users. The device is small yet powerful and provides for instant touchscreen over a large screen real estate. Moreover, it is super compatible with a majority of devices and uses the reliable and ever powerful LIDAR technology.
The LIDAR which stands for Light Detection and Ranging powered Glamos is a sure path breaker in the touchscreen for any display technology. The product has undergone vigorous testing at various co-working spaces in various city. The following are its salient features:
1. The Glamos is the only LIDAR device in the market which despite being tiny in size projects up to a 3ft radius. Unlike other sensors that motion detect in a very small range, the Glamos has the ability scale up to the size of 6 x 3ft of virtual screen. The field of view provided by the sensor is of 180 degrees.
2. The device is quick to setup and responds with lightning speeds to your motions. Basically, a pocket-sized beast that is easy to use and setup.
3. The device can be used to project the touchscreen anywhere without any restrictions placed on its functioning ability. This includes your wall, air, whiteboards etc. This feature also can help you play your favourite mobile games on big screens with your buddies and literally convert a simple game into a play station experience.
4. Glamos is equipped with a rotating mirror module instead of the standard camera which is found in similar products. The camera used to limit the capturing capacity of the sensor. This module can scan all directions without any limitations. It operates at 40 Hz or 40 fps allowing your screen of choice to respond to your movements as quickly as possible providing for the seamless experience of a completely functioning touch screen, just like an extension to your mouse pointer.
5. Glamos promises to be the only LIDAR device in the market that draws the minimum possible power. It consists of a 2000 mAh battery which is deemed to last up to 2 hours.
More on the operating technology:
By using the rotating mirror technology, the Glamos measures the distance between the object and itself, plotting a coordinate in the virtual space and sends those coordinates to a display screen like your mobile phone/ laptop. Its basic working principle is based on LIDAR which is known to be huge power consumer but the company claims that they have made major strikes in reducing the power required providing for longer life. The Glamos laser wavelength is 850 nm.
The product has an accuracy range of 0-1 m (+/- 2 cm). Though distances greater than 1 m are also recognizable but with an increase in error rate. It has been tested to operate in temperature ranging from -10 to 75 degrees.
Dimensions: 37 x 27 x 33 mm
Weight: 17.7 g
Cable: Micro USB 5pin
Compatibility: Across major carriers and OS like PC (Windows 7 or later), macOS, Android, iOS, and all Smart TVs.
It comes in two versions: the Glamos Basic and Glamos Pro version. The basic version requires a cable connection to your device while the pro can be connected via Bluetooth also.
Plan For Launch
Glamos-CoreDAR listed the product on crowdfunding website Kickstarter in January 2020 and have raised $ 216,834 through 1305 backers up to now.
The early bird and other offers have already sold out and the single pack of the basic are available at $ 119 and the pro version is available at $ 139. The mass production will start in May and by July 2020, the company tends to start shipping the Glamos.
The company has been founded by ex-Samsung engineers who came up with the idea while working with LIDAR technology at Samsung. It was established in 2017 with the aim to create a LIDAR device which is both small and affordable. The company has the core beliefs: “Bringing joyful people, challenging the limits and changing the world”.
The company was founded and is now lead by Hanjin Park and is situated in South Korea.
The Glamos promises to be all you need touch screen solution in the market. With its revolutionary rotating mirror technology, it is sure to break some ceiling in the touch screen simulation sensor arena. The product is fresh off the shelf and is still to be reviewed by users at large.
It is a fresh take on the LIDAR technology and can be the torch bearer in further research in this field. The company promises that the device draws very less power for a LIDAR that is known to draw heavy power. It is surely a product to look out for given the tech barriers it promises to break.