- da Vinci is Full Color 3D Printer for fast prototype purposes.
- da Vinci 3D printer gives you 3D Model design software and good source of 3D models.
- da Vinci 3D printer comes with easy to setup and maintain process – easy learning curve.
e are currently living in the age of rapid technological innovations. New inventions are happening as we speak that will probably shape the way we’ll live in the future. One such innovation is the 3D printing technology. Similar to 2D printing, 3D printing uses ink and same mechanism to give you an output. The main difference is that the final product would be a 3-dimensional object instead of a 2D picture. In its early days, 3D printing was costly. It still is, but there are a few suitable 3D printers that are available for a reasonable price. The product that we are going to discuss is one such printer.
DA VINCI COLOR MINI – OVERVIEW
The Da Vinci Color Mini is state of the art FFF full-color 3D printer that is perfect for your personal needs. It is so simple to use that even a 10-year-old child could use it. The user interface is intuitive and has a gentle learning curve. This means it easy to learn how to use this printer. This device makes use of the latest CMY inkjet technology to deliver high-quality full-colour prints consistently. You can make millions of colour combinations using this technology.
Moreover, the Da Vinci Color Mini comes with a free 3D Modelling Software and a 3D Model gallery. It will help you in deciding on what you want to print. If you are new to this, you can use the 3D Model gallery for reference. The company is also offering an upgradable laser engraving module. The Da Vinci Color Mini is an excellent choice if you are on a tight budget.
WHY da VINCI COLOR MINI
As mentioned earlier, the Da Vinci Color Mini is a budget 3D printer that offers a plethora of features. It is a complete package at a low price. The product is designed for amateur users who will be using 3D printers for the first time. The primary target audience are domestic users and educational institutions like high schools. There are a lot of entrepreneurs who require cheap 3D printers that can make specifically designed shapes for them. High schools are often on a tight budget, and with costs of 3D printers going into hundreds of thousands of dollars, most didn’t end up buying. With the Da Vinci Color Mini, both of these parties can be satisfied.
For people looking to sell 3D printed artworks, jewelry, accessories etc., Da Vinci’s wide range of colors is a value addition. They can customize their output and make millions of color-coded products.
For educators, the affordability is the key. 3D printers are already used in Mathematics, Science and Art classes around the world. Da Vinci offers an affordable option to the educators who are looking for innovative teaching methods.
Here are the detailed specs of Da Vinci Color Mini.
- Print Technology – Color Texture Inkjet Printing 3D Structure Fused Filament fabrication (FFF)
- Max. Build Area (WxDxH) – 5.1″ x 5.1″ x 5.1″ (130 x 130 x 130 mm)
- Layer Resolution – 100 – 400 micron
- XY Positioning Precision – X/Y 12.5 micron
- Z Positioning Precision – Z : 0.0004 mm
- Printing Software – XYZmaker Suite
- Supported File Formats – .stl, .3mf, .obj, .igs, .stp, .ply, .amf, .nkg (.stl), .3cp
- Max. Moving Speed – 170 mm/s
- Material Compatibility – 3D Color-inkjet PLA / PLA / Antibacterial PLA / Tough PLA / PETG / *Premium Metallic PLA / *XYZ Carbon Fiber (*Option Extruder)
- Stepper Motors – 1.8° HB Stepper Motors
- User Interface – 5″ Touch Panel LCD
- Operating Systems on Mobile Devices : Android 5.0 and above iOS 9 and above (iPad Only)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
As of now, the Da Vinci Color Mini is available only in USA and Canada. But don’t feel disheartened, the company is keen to expand into foreign markets, especially in developing countries like India. With the demand for affordable 3D printers rising all over the world, it is an optimum time for the company to launch this product worldwide. The da Vinci Color Mini comes with 1599$ price tag.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company that manufactures the Da Vinci Color Mini goes by the name of XYZprinting. XYZprinting was founded in 2013 by an electronics conglomerate New Kinpo Group with an ambition of integrating 3D printing into our daily lives. They have experienced rapid growth and currently are the market leaders with over a fifth of the market share occupied by them.
The parent company, New Kinpo, is one of the three major sub-groups under the Kinpo Group. The Kinpo Group is reputed Taiwan based conglomerate. They have 23 subsidiaries, 7 of which are publicly listed corporations. The Kinpo group employs more than 120,000 people.