- ASUS ROG Strix XG17 is the first portable gaming monitor from Asus, and with a screen size of 17.3”, it provides for the in demand immersive screen experience you have been looking for.
- It is only ½ inch thick making it a perfect travel companion and can double up as your secondary screen on the go (This one is especially for programmers).
- It comes with a native screen resolution pf 1920 x 1080 p that complements the 240 Hz ultra-fast refresh rate.
At the Computex 2019, Asus came up with the release of two portable USB-C monitors, one of which is the Asus ROG Strix XG17. The monitor touted to be the next giant in “portable gaming monitor” is a sure shot power product from the gaming series ROG from Asus. The monitor is of modern design with thin bezels, great resolutions and variable refresh rate supporting various games and running smoothly across applications. With inbuilt speakers of 1W, it is a package that you are looking for home, school, office or while travelling as it can easily be carried away in backpack.
Problem Solved By This Product
It is the first portable gaming monitor from Asus, and with a screen size of 17.3”, it provides for the in demand immersive screen experience you have been looking for. Higher refresh rates, thinner bezels not only provide for a modern, sleek design but also provide for the much-needed screen real estate needed for gaming and multi-tasking several applications. It is only ½ inch thick making it a perfect travel companion and can double up as your secondary screen on the go (This one is especially for programmers).
For rendering the latest AAA titles at playable frame rates and that too on the road is the key feature of this device. Delivering more than the standard 60 FPS, the Asus ROG Strix XG17 delivers ultra-high refresh rate for gaming, video rendering etc anywhere you go.
1. With a response time clocked at 3ms under test conditions, it is one of the only monitors in the market and the only portable one, that is able to display the information on the screen as soon as GPU renders it.
2. It comes with a native screen resolution pf 1920 x 1080 p that complements the 240 Hz ultra-fast refresh rate. This provides for the finest viewing quality, full HD while maintaining the balance between pixel count and frames per seconds rendered. The screen is compatible with GPU outputs ranging from as low as 48 Hz and as high as 240 Hz.
3. The panel is an IPS panel with support for 178 degree viewing angle with vivid colours helping provide the best viewing support for your group of friends on the movie night.
4. The monitor, though easy to carry, does not mince its capabilities and features. It is a matte panel that keeps those annoying fingerprints away from the monitor. It is a metal chassis which is strong and secure.
5. The monitor ships with a dual-purpose smart cover which works as a kick stand for the monitor allowing the user to adjust the screen to any angle. Also, it acts as a protective casing when travelling.
The Asus ROG Strix monitor comes with a USB type C and a micro HDMI 2.0 port. Both these interfaces can carry video and audio signal at high speeds making it the perfect monitor for your varied fitting purposes.
Also, the bundled DisplayWidget utility can be used to tune the performance of the monitor. It also contains a feature which applies presets according to the demands of the game, giving you a smart widget, which takes care of the resolution and other parameters for you. This has been named GameVisual.
The ROG wireless monitor comes with a 7800 mAh battery which lasts up to 3 hours at 240Hz according to Asus. It weighs around 800 gm.
Plan For Launch
The product was first put on display for tech enthusiasts at the Computex 2019 in the month of May.
There is still no official date of release of the product in the market, keeping everyone guessing. Though, the product (or an upgraded version) might be made available this CES 2020.
A Taiwan based MNC which deals in manufacturing of phones and computers, Asus is one of the hardware giants in the world. Its total revenue is around $ 354.2 billion last year.
The ROG which stands for Republic of Gamers, is a series from the house of Asus for professional and amateur gamers with best of specs available in the market. The ROG series has been market leader in gaming and is known for innovation and smart product design with gaming as a central concept.
The Asus ROG Strix XG17 is one of a kind, portable gaming monitor in the market. It promises to the multipurpose, easy to carry around, sometimes as a second screen monitor which is required by many ranging for hardcore gamers to through and through professional programmers. The product is lightweight, has support for ultra-high refresh rates making it a captivating buy for the consumers. The price is still unknown, and wrong pricing may take away the beauty of this product. Hence, it is left to see what pricing Asus ROG comes up with and how well it is marketed to the users.
Keep yourself updated with the latest gadget news! Join our Facebook, Follow our Twitter for regular updates.
ALSO READ :